Monday, January 30, 2012

Today


Today was a fun day! I was able to go visiting teaching this morning and meet a new sister in my ward and get to know another sister in my ward. I had a lot of fun getting to know them. Before I moved to Copperas Cove, I didn't really go visiting teaching like I should have and I always thought it was kind of cheesy or something? But since living here and having 4 sisters to visit, I have started to really enjoy it. I also don't think I ever appreciated them until I moved here. I remember the first time that my visiting teachers came over. It was when Garrett was still deployed and I just remember being so grateful that they had taken the time to stop by and introduce themselves to me and bring me a little plate of goodies and welcome me into the ward. It made me feel so good! I think it wasn't until then that I really realized how important visiting teaching is. So, I am happy that I have a good route and that each month I get the opportunity to hopefully help brighten someone's day and be there for someone to talk to :) It feels great! 

I was also able to go to lunch with a good friend of mine, Jenna and her little boy, Cohen. It's always fun to hang out with her and watch Cohen and Sawyer play together. :) I'm so thankful for good friends and a good ward here in Texas. I feel so blessed today! Life is so good! :)


No comments:

Post a Comment